8 February 2013

The start of a fabric print

Lino cut - block printing using Lino & ink

Buttons print onto a screen ready for screenprinted onto a fine linen fabric


My first fabric prints are coming together! I have burnt one screen so far; from a drawing from my sketchbook of Buttons, in a continuous line drawing. I like this design because it combines polkadot & stripe.
The repeat pattern took me a whole day in the digital labs to produce so that i was happy with it. then i printed it onto A3 acetate and made my screen from that!

I have been away from university for this whole week but im excited to go back and get screenmaking again! Hoping to have all four fabrics printed by the end of the week, and maybe some products made. I think ill just make a cushion and a lampshade or something c: 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird